Saturday, October 22, 2011

Proven ways to increase your Alexa rank


Alexa ranking gives us an idea of the amount of traffic a website gets. It provides a lot a lot of information about that particular site. It updates its rank every day on the basis of daily visitors. The small the number, the better rank you have.  Advertisers usually advertise in good alexa ranked sites. So every webmaster wants to increase his site’s alexa ranking. Here I will share few tips of mine that worked for toincrease my alexa ranking.
I had registered my blog on 11 June, 2010. My domain age is only 2 and half months. I used to keep record of my Alexa rank and my competitor’s Alexa rank regularly. Within this short time, my Alexa rank drops from 1,17,6816 (on July 14, 2010) to 2, 44,582 (Today). Whereas, the Alexa ranking of my competitors were as follows on 14th July, 2010:
Competitor A: 91,618 (BD-550)
Competitor B: 1,27,228 (BD-826)
Competitor C: 4,37,319 (BD-4168)
Competitor D: 1,824,017 (BD-20,962)
Todays update of ranking of my competitors is given below:
Competitor A: 76,652 (BD-514)
Competitor B: 1,05,698(BD-919)
Competitor C: 4,23,868 (BD-4131)
Competitor D: 1,824,017 (BD-20,962)
I am really satisfied with my rate of increase of my Alexa ranking. I am especially satisfied with high ranking at my country. I have a plan to get inside the Top 100 sites in our country. Within very short time, I am going to catch or cross my competitors.
increase your alexa rank
The above statistics gives you a little bit about the rate of increase of your site. In general, when your ranking is within five figures, the rate of increase of your ranking is very slow. If you follow the tips properly, your ranking increase rate would be steady. You will get good result in the long run.
Alexa rank in brief: Alexa is web Information Company. It is the sister concern of world’s giant shopping site Amazon. Alexa ranking is based on the amount of traffic a website gets from the number of people who has web browsers with Alexa toolbar installed. It is the main weak point of this ranking system. That’s why most of the people don’t trust Alexa ranking. Alexa also gives value to the backlinks of a website.
If you make money from your blog, Alexa rank is very much important. The advertiser values those site with good alexa ranking. Check out ShoutMeLoud. There are tons of advertisers competing at BuySellAds to give ads in that blog. It’s because of his good alexa ranking. That means he is getting lot of visitors. An advertiser has no access to your site statistics. They can predict how much traffic you get by checking your alexa ranking.
Getting good alexa raking takes time. Here are few tips which can be followed to increase your Alexa ranking within very short time.
Download alexa tool bar: Your first and foremost job is to download and install alexa toolbar in your browser. You can also check the alexa rank of other sites while browsing. You can Repeatedly visit your blog from your browser to get maximum visits to your site.
Invite your friends to use Alexa toolbar: Your friends must be visiting your blog most often. Tell them to download and install alexa toolbar to their browsers. Tell them to review your site in Alexa. It really helps.
Get Review of your blog: Getting review is plus point of increasing your alexa rank. It really helped me. I used to convince my friends to review my site at Alexa. I noticed tremendous increase of my ranking withing one day of review.
Display alexa widget in your blog: It really helps you for better ranking at alexa.
  • Click here and build widgets for your blog.
  • Just copy the source code.
  • Create a new “Text widgets” and paste code there.
  • Finally place that widegets in your desired location. You are done.
Do blog commenting: When you place a good comment at least it draws the attention of the owner of that blog. He may check out your blog. On the other hand you may also get some free visitors to your blog from the readers of that blog. As usually, every webmaster has alexa toolbar installed in their browser. So there is a great chance of increasing your alexa ranking.
Forum posting at webmaster or SEO related forums: You can do more and more forum posting in webmaster and seo related blog. Use your blog as a signature with your desired anchor text. I personally do minimum 10 posts daily on different top forums like DP, WebmasterTalk etc. I get small amout of referred visitors from those sites every day.
Be patient: Don’t dream to increase your alexa ranking overnight, it needs time to achieve good rankings in ALexa.
Please do share your tips to increase your alexa ranking?

No comments:

Post a Comment